Monday, November 22, 2021

Close SMITH Family

 

1908 - aunt Ruby Ensign SMITH 1905-1960, nephew Luther Yates SMITH1905-1957, niece Virginia SMITH 1906-1998 


1917 - niece Lula Smith 1916-2011, niece Virginia Smith 1906-1998, aunt and 1/2 sister Ruby Ensign 1905-1960 daughter of Isaac and Harriet Camilla ENSIGN SMITH (Aunt Millie), niece Ruth Smith 1909-1984, 1/2 aunt and 1/2 sister Elva Fuhriman Smith 1904-1984 daughter of Isaac and Elizabeth FUHRIMAN SMITH.  

(The nephew and nieces are children of Ruby's oldest brother Isaac ['Ike'] Samuel SMITH)

The following was written by Elva:
I remember as I was growing up my father’s two families were congenial. Two of the boys of the first family, (Will and Theron) spent a lot of time with us, before and after they were married. I spent a lot of my summers at Father’s and “Aunt Millies”. I had a half sister one year younger than I, we spent a lot of time together. Dad’s business was in Logan, Utah. He would take me with him in the summer, until he passed away [in 1914]; but I still went to Logan, in the summers and stay[ed] at my half brother Isaac’s home. He was father’s oldest son. He and his brother Wesley were dentists and took care of my teeth. Wesley spent a lot of time at our house. Dolly, a daughter of “Aunt Millie” was always so good to Mother. After Dad’s death, both families were back and forth and we had our family reunions Dad had nineteen children in all, and I am still in touch with some of the family.

No comments: