Monday, December 23, 2013

Grandma's Toy Cupboard

When I was a child there was one door in my grandma kitchen the grandchildren could open.  It was the toy cupboard.  In it there were tin cans of many sizes, they fit inside each other.  When we dumped them out and turned them upside down we could build tin can towers.  There was also a box empty wooden thread spools and string for making 'jewelry'.  When I empty a spool of thread I always think of my grandma's cupboard.  Now the spools are all plastic, I miss the wooden ones.  We knew to never touch the glass figurines and the Japaneses doll on the shelves in the living room.

My mother bought some toys for her grandchildren to play with but they were long broken before the youngest grandchildren came along.

My grandchildren play with the same toys their mothers played with as children.  They can find them in their grandma's toy closet.
 

1 comment:

Sue Wood said...

I have some of these same toys for my grandkids.